Located in the northeast corner of the second floor of Hamersly Library, the Digital Media Center offers students, faculty, and staff an array of specialized equipment in a comfortable and friendly environment -- whether for digital video or audio production, desktop design, website creation, media conversion, scanning, or CD/DVD duplication. All equipment is available for self-service all the hours the library is open.
We also offer two bookable Digital Production Rooms (HL 221 & 222), as well as drop-in technology tutoring hours. (Please see Computing Services for technical support.)
Open Lab Resources
- 2 iMacs with 21.5 inch screens for digital media production: OS X, iMovie ’11, and Adobe Creative Suite 6
- 3 desktop PCs
- CD/DVD duplication station (you must supply your own CDs and DVDs)
- Mini VHS to DV tape duplication station
- Cassette to CD tape duplication station
Digital Production Room (HL 221)
Digital Production Room (HL 222)
- An iMac with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign, etc) as well as iMovie 8
- A PC with Start/Stop transcription software
- A mutli-media deck for importing MiniDV, VHS, DVD, CD, and cassette
- An 11 x 17 Epson scanner with a document feeder
- Schedule this room via the university’s Astra reservation system.