Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Librarians' Top Picks
Includes journal articles, citations, and abstracts in physics, astronomy, acoustics, biomedicine, computers, mechanical engineering, electronics, engineering, fluids, geophysics, civil engineering, materials science, optics, vacuum science, and more.
arXiv is an e-print service in the fields of physics, mathematics, non-linear science, computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance and statistics. It provides open access to over 637,000 e-prints in these fields. arXiv is owned and operated by Cornell University, a private not-for-profit educational institution. arXiv is funded by Cornell University Library and by supporting user institutions.
Directions to Librarians Using This Template
Create the page for a new subject list of databases
- Add/Edit Pages menu
- Select Add/Reuse Page
- Select Reuse Existing Page tab
- For the Page to Reuse area, select the guide...Databases by Subject, then select the page...subjectX template
- Keep as a top-level page
- Click box to Create a copy of this page rather than linking to original
- Click Reuse Page button.
Customize the new page
- Add/Edit Pages menu
- Select Change Page Info
- Select the page you wish to change...choose the 2nd subjectX template
- Page Name is simple statement of the subject, capitalized (i.e., Literature, Criminal Justice)
- Description reads "Databases recommended by subjectx"; change to appropriate subject, capitalized.
- Keep the pages/tabs in alpha order: Add/Edit Pages menu, choose Reorder/Move Pages.
- Delete the instructions to librarians in the various boxes with Edit Text.
- Delete this box!
librarians: this box is only a place holder--it may be used for databases you don't want to clump with the article-type databases, or may be used for a resources for a subtopic of the subject, or it may be deleted!
Librarians: template is set to show other guides with subject Education. Use Edit Box Settings to change to subjectX OR change to Manually Selected Guides.
Contact WOU Library
Need Immediate Help?
Information Desk student staff are ready to help you during all library hours.
Depending on the complexity of your question, they may forward it to librarians or staff.
Request Research Assistance
Consult with a WOU Librarian