- Use the tabs along the top of the page ↖↗ to find/learn about content types
- If you are struggling, ask me (email@example.com) or use the chat widget on the library homepage.
- Never, ever pay for an article. We have lots of ways of getting it for you.
- Use links from library pages to make sure that the vendors/publishers/websites recognize you as a WOU student (so you don't have to pay!)
- If you are struggling with Chemical Abstracts ask me - most folks in the library don't have access to it. Logoff every time. Chem Abstracts gets expensive fast!
- Use keywords, not sentences.
- Break your concept down to the main ideas
- Start with fewer broad and add more to narrow your results down
- Use parentheses to group terms e.g., (peanut butter OR jelly), and boolean terms (focus on "AND" and "OR") to make your search more effective:
Image credit: Slippery Rock University